Subject: Re: XFree86 3.3.2.3 and WSCONS
To: Paulo Alexandre Pinto Pires <pappires@magma.del.ufrj.br>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <dolecek@ics.muni.cz>
List: current-users
Date: 02/07/1999 15:00:37
Paulo Alexandre Pinto Pires wrote:
> Hello to all.
>
> Since my last GENERIC kernel build, as wscons is the default, my
> old X server started complaining about the absence of both pccons
> and pcvt.  Do I have to build X from the newer sources or is there
> a way to have my already installed version work with wscons?

One minor bit I bumped into when upgrading to -current -- you have
to compile the Xserver with -current includes in place (under /usr/include),
otherwise support for wscons won't be compiled in ..

--
Jaromir Dolecek <dolecek@ics.muni.cz>	http://www.ics.muni.cz/~dolecek/
It is better never to have been born.  But who among us has such luck?