Subject: Re: sendmail licensing again
To: Alex <xela@mit.edu>
From: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org>
List: current-users
Date: 12/10/1998 07:39:11
Alex <xela@MIT.EDU>  wrote:
 > breath and manually installing sendmail (the rest).  Really, isn't it
 > *enough* of an ideologically motivated pain in the ass that I have to
 > manually install perl, emacs, bash and tcsh every time I install a new
 > NetBSD box before I can get any work done?

I'm glad you're not in charge of deciding 'what goes in' because I don't
use emacs/bash/tcsh and would be really annoyed if they suddenly appeared
on my machines that are tight on disk...

So, I disagree, it is _not_ an 'ideologically motivated pain in the ass'
that you have to install some tools that you need.

If you want the craftsman 1001 piece toolkit, then go out and buy it;
but let the rest of us pick and choose our tools so that when we walk
into our machinerooms, we're not carrying 50 pounds worth of gear-puller.