Subject: Re: cannot intuit interface index and type for endeavor.ansci
To: Curt Sampson <curt@portal.ca>
From: Sean Berry (most of the time) <spberry@iastate.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 10/25/1996 21:39:11
>> root@image4# arp -s endeavor.ansci 00:c0:df:47:ba:a6 pub
>> cannot intuit interface index and type for endeavor.ansci
>
>What happens when you give the IP address instead of `endeavor.ansci'?

No dice.  I remember this happening in the early 1.1A days, and tried the
same solution I used then.  I deleted the other protocols (OSI, TPIP, CCITT,
etc) since I (to my knowledge) don't need to use anything but TCP (INET?).
Once I rebuilt the kernel and installed it, it will show arp entries just
fine.
--
Sean Berry is a computer scientist trapped in an engineer's mind.
I imagine someone is likely to misinterpret my opinions as those of my