Subject: Re: easy ways to crash your NetBSD system
To: Erik E. Fair <fair@clock.org>
From: Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com <michaelv@HeadCandy.com>
List: current-users
Date: 04/10/1996 09:24:22
>Just because the Mac & PC weenies get away with crashing their systems on
>the first wild pointer doesn't mean NetBSD should stoop to their level.
>Personally, I bet we see a big backlash against that kind of rapant
>instability in those systems in the next year or two.

We're already seeing that.  It's why so many big companies hesitated
on the Win 95 thing, then bought a whole bunch of Windows NT instead.
Windows 95 helped sell more corporate copies of Windows NT (and some
Unix too, I'm sure), than Windows NT marketing helped to sell Windows
NT.

               Sun4/4c/4m, DEC MIPS, DEC Alpha, PC532, VAX...