Subject: packages
To: None <eichin@kitten.gen.ma.us, current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: John Kohl <jtk@kolvir.arlington.ma.us>
List: current-users
Date: 01/03/1996 07:33:23
See ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/packages/README.detailed.html for an
example of a Makefile for constructing packages, and a basic package
file.

I have accepted non-BETSI certified packages for the collection on
ftp.netbsd.org.  I haven't received any BETSI-certified packages in a
long long time.  At the moment, I cannot log into ftp.netbsd.org, so the
package collection is decaying.

HF (Hubert Feyrer) said:
>Last summer(?) John Kohl was elected to handle packages ...

More like "shanghaied" and I didn't duck quickly enough.  It was about a
year ago (at/shortly after USENIX '95).  Anybody else want the job?

==John