Subject: Re: shutdown/wall messages
To: Luke Mewburn <lukem@telstra.com.au>
From: David Gilbert <dgilbert@pci.on.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 12/19/1995 10:40:49
>>>>> "Luke" == Luke Mewburn <lukem@telstra.com.au> writes:

Luke> (*) Besides, of course, the inability for Sun (who *designed*
Luke> NFS and crow about that they're the best people who do
Luke> networking) to get lockd working. We're yet to get Solaris 2.5
Luke> (which apparantly fixes lockd), but for some reason our Sun
Luke> salesperson won't take up our offer of "if we break lockd in < 1
Luke> week, we get a free ultrasparc". Reeks of confidence, no?  (Mind
Luke> you, I suspect that no-one else has got a truely working lockd
Luke> either) PS: you ever wonder why the only part of NFS they didn't
Luke> release the source for was lockd? Maybe they were embarrassed
Luke> :-)

	I don't know where I saw it... but recently someone mentioned
in my virtual presence that someone has now proven that lockd
(according to NFS spec) cannot be implemented correctly.

Dave.

|Mail:      dgilbert@pci.on.ca                |  equal if and only if they |
|http://www.pci.on.ca/~dgilbert               |   are precisely opposite.  |