Subject: Re: query-pr, various old bugs, cgd's resignation
To: John Nemeth <jnemeth@cue.bc.ca>
From: Rob Healey <rhealey@kas.helios.mn.org>
List: current-users
Date: 08/28/1995 09:07:46
> } the users.  I.e., suggestions for things that users could contribute--
> } like software (NFS lock daemons? fs defrag ;-)?) and/or gaps/enhancements
> } in the kernel.
>
>      An NFS lock daemon would definitely be nice.

	An NFS lockd/statd combo, even if it is technically a broken
	protocol, would be nice so NetBSD could be a viable alternative
	NFS server in commercial environments where lockd/statd is
	required, even if it is broken...

	The YP server implementation would be a nice thing to have in
	the tree as well! Someone was working on this a year ago, did
	it dry up and blow away in the wind? B^(. NIS+ extentions might
	be nice too but a simple YP server + lockd/statd is all NetBSD
	needs to completely replace commercial NFS/NIS servers!

		-Rob