Subject: Re: Netscape.
To: None <woods@kuma.web.net>
From: Michael K. Sanders <msanders@confusion.net>
List: current-users
Date: 03/09/1995 22:57:28
In the beginning there was nothing. Then Greg A. Woods said:

>There are many dozens of other UNIX-based platforms that Netscape does
>NOT run on either.  However, given the great ability of NetBSD ports to
>run binaries of the vendor ports which normally run on the given
>platform, I'd say there's a good chance the Netscape ports for those
>platforms (where they exist) *will* run under NetBSD.

>We've already seen one report of the SunOS sparc binary running on
>NetBSD/sparc....

Exactly, which is why I'd love to see a port for *any* m68k
architecture. A SunOS/Sun3 port would work great on NetBSD/Sun3/Amiga
(maybe hp300?). Just because it runs on some architectures is no
reason not to want more...

--
   ... Michael K. Sanders ... msanders@confusion.net ... NetBSD/Amiga ...

 The Confusion Network :: Creating Chaos out of Anarchy for a Better Tomorrow
 now is the only thing that's real