Subject: Re: SPARC crashes
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: David Deaven <deaven@ishmael.ameslab.gov>
List: current-users
Date: 09/14/1994 09:38:33
>Our SPARC running NetBSD has been crashing, reliably, every night.  The
>stack traces vary, but they always have one thing in common: the
>deepest few frames on the stack are always
[...]

  This might be totally unrelated, but a few of my NetBSD/i386 machines
were crashing each night, a problem I finally traced to the local
network's time service.  Some other machines on the net were becoming
master timed servers and then changing the time willy-nilly:  a few hours
ahead, a few back, etc, until something gave and my machine crashed.  Once
I got those machines to stop doing that,  my late-night mystery crashes
ceased.   But until then, the crashing was reliable. :)
Just a thought.

Dave Deaven