Subject: Re: READ THIS! It's that time again...
To: Peter Galbavy <peter@alice.wonderland.org>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@alpha.bostic.com>
List: current-users
Date: 08/26/1994 11:24:35
> > Right now, the 'supporting cast' section, for those people who have
> > put a fair amount of work into NetBSD (bug fixes, software
> > development, etc.) and are actively supporting the project looks like:
>
> How 'bout a "Reference Site" list. Like we use the i386 and sparc
> ports for our core routers... I think that's a pretty critical
> usage of them. I am sure others will be happy to say publicly that
> they are happy with NetBSD ?

I would actually object to such a list, and would sincerely advise you
to _not_ advertise that you're using NetBSD for mission-critical
applications.  Actually, i'll go one step further, and say that you
probably shouldn't advertise what hardware/software your using for
mission-critical applications, in general...

It's publicizing information that _some_ people are likely to use the
wrong way; the Internet is _not_ a friendly place.  I dunno if it ever
was, but it definitely isn't now.

("once a sysadmin, always a sysadmin..."  8-)

cgd