Subject: work to be done :)
To: None <Hubert.Feyrer@rz.uni-regensburg.de>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <ignatios@theory.cs.uni-bonn.de>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 07/26/1995 08:54:03
Hubert,

as I wrote before, what really should be done with the audio driver,
is to integrate it with the generic /dev/audio & /dev/sound interface
in -current. Thats a bit more work, but is what distinguishes NetBSD
(a nice, integrated, looking the same as much as possible on every
machine) from some other popular OSes, which have thousands of drivers
with very varying quality ;-)

Any volunteers?

I'm busy with Xgsp and the AmigaOS "new IP over ARCnet standard"
bah.device (and my Doctoral thesis) at the moment...

BTW, a quick integration of the stubs for the audio driver
is possible, I made it when I had a 960306 kernel. But it would be
incompatible with the necessary changes for 14 bit output (we all want
14 bit output, no?)

Regards,
	Ignatios