Subject: Followup to Cobra/Ferret problems...
To: None <amiga-dev@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mark Carroll Langston <fugue@dura.spc.uchicago.edu>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 07/09/1995 18:14:43
Hi again everyone.

  After several conversations, I've discovered some interesting new
information:

*  The FAS246, the basis of the Ferret SCSI-II card, is a VERY MINOR
     variation on the FAS216, which is supported in the -current kernel.

*  The author of the Cobra/Ferret firmware has offered any technical
    information I may need about the board, including data transfer
    particulars.

*  Development is no longer possible outside of a running netbsd setup.

With this in mind, I am in need of someone willing to modify the SCSI
  driver in the -current netbsd kernel (with support for the FAS216)
  to include support for the Cobra/Ferret, and recompile.  I can supply
  any information that may be necessary about the board(s), and am
  willing to help debug the driver, as my system would have to be the
  testbed for the new driver support.  Note that the actual FAS216
  code would probably not have to be altered at all.  instead, new
  routines would be necessary for recognizing and accessing the
  Cobra, upon which the Ferret resides.

Is anyone up to the challenge?

--
  Mark C. Langston    | "Erstes Geschoss:  Hier leben die Blinden, die
 Dept. of Psychology  |  glauben was sie sehen; und die Tauben, die glauben