Subject: Re: iteconfig ioctl's for BELL no longer work?!
To: Rob Healey <rhealey@kas.helios.mn.org>
From: Michael L. Hitch <osymh@gemini.oscs.montana.edu>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 05/13/1995 18:09:51
On May 13,  2:49pm, Rob Healey wrote:
> 	Anybody know why the ioctl's for the sound/bell no longer work?
> 	Makes iteconfig fail immediately. This is true for kernels/code
> 	made from May 8, 11 and 13th sups. If I remove all the BELL
> 	ioctl's from iteconfig it works fine.

  It's because the bell ioctl code was moved from ite_cc.c to ite.c,
but the handling of the ioctl case statement is slightly different.
In ite_cc.c, the ioctl routine normally returns a 0 when the switch
statement is exited.  In ite.c, it returns ENOTTY.  When the bell
routines were moved, the break to exit the switch statement didn't
get changed to a return (0) like it should have.  I think if you
change the break to return (0), it should work.

Michael

--
Michael L. Hitch			INTERNET:  osymh@montana.edu
Computer Consultant