Subject: Re: Hmm, what's the meaning of manufacturer's id?
To: None <amiga-dev@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <chammer@HRZ.Uni-Bielefeld.DE>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 03/31/1995 17:46:36

> for test use.  The manufacturer/product 2011/1 is what the example for
> a Zorro II expansion board used, and the PALs used in my SCSI board are
> just a copy of that example.  I don't think the 2011 number should ever
> have been used for a commerical board - the hardware manufacturer was
> supposed to obtain their own number.  [Where would one obtain a
> manufacture number now?]

the problem is much older than the bankrupt of cbm. Mark Tomlinsen
never got a manufactorer id and so he sold his crosslink board
with 2011/3. He tried it in newzealand and in australia as far as
i know and this was 2 years ago.

It is of course not a big problem as it seems that there will be not
so many new manufactorers enter business to produce ZorroII cards
in future...

ciao
Carsten

--
Carsten Hammer  Schwindstr. 7 33615 Bielefeld
Fakultaet fuer Physik          D4-139