Subject: Re: upgrade from Beta-1.0, to -current
To: None <amiga-dev@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Richard H. Wood <rhw@woodwrk.lonestar.org>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 02/15/1995 06:05:29
According to mw@eunet.ch:

> Or -much simpler- just remove the MEMCPY (don't recall its exact name,
> it's commented anyway) define from config/netbsd.h. Over all, this is
> Net*BSD*, so I don't see why we should default to mem*() anyway:-)

	Wouldn't one reason be to follow the standard.  The last I looked
	bcopy wasn't in the standard;  memcpy was.  Is there a compelling
	reason (other than historical/preferrential ones) that makes
	bcopy a better choice?

> > PS: I regret that the -current kernel would be compiler dependent (in
> > fact compiler version dependent).
>
> Won't be, if you do the change this way.

	But does this imply NetBSD won't support memcpy at all?
	(Humm...I suppose that's not an Amiga-specific question, is it?)

-dick, just another standards-freak (and Plauger fan) :->
--
rhw@woodwrk.lerctr.org     -    R. H. \X/ood     -         dwood@cpdsc.com