Subject: Problems still existing...
To: None <amiga-dev@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Brad Pepers <pepersb@cuug.ab.ca>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 07/25/1994 18:21:02
I've been using the latest NetBSD and it looks great!  There are
still some really old problems though that are still around.

The first is the modem locking up.  This happens when the computer
is sent a control-S from the remote system without a control-Q.  If
you try to close the serial device, it hangs.  From what I understand
you can hook up a terminal to the modem line and type control-Q and
it will be fixed but I don't have a terminal.  The line is locked up
so I have to reboot to use it again.  As it happens, when I disconnect
from a lot of systems I get spurious junk and it very often contains
control-S (I'm just lucky I guess!).

The other problem is still to do with the vt100/200/??? emulation
on the console.  I think it still screws up drawing on the last
lines on the screen.  I see this when in emacs and editing at the
last lines on the screen.  I'm almost positive I've seen this in the
latest load - I'm so used to it I don't even notice it anymore...
Can anyone confirm that it is still around?

Thats it for my known problems.  Pretty good if you ask me!

| "Psst. Hey Guido. It's all so clear to me now. I'm the keeper of the   |
| cheese. And you're the lemon merchant. Get it? And he knows it. That's |
| why he's gonna kill us. So we gotta beat it. Yeah. Before he lets      |
| loose the marmosets on us! Don't worry, little missy! I'll save you!"  |
+------------------ Brad Pepers -- pepersb@cuug.ab.ca -------------------+