Subject: Re: 80 column console
To: None <amiga-dev@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Ty Sarna <tsarna@endicor.com>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 07/19/1994 05:19:48
In article <9407190403.AA24043@emunix.emich.edu> chopps@emunix.emich.edu writes:
> No the 80 col. display required overscan which I will not enable fby default.
>
> A hack could be done, but I'd rather just let the user iteconfig themseleves
>
> Chris.

It's still wrong to assume that boldsmear will always be 1, though. You
should at least apply the patch hunk(s) that fix that.

Anyway, I don't think 1 pixel of overscan (for the normal case) is going
to hurt anyway, even on the A2024 which is the pickiest monitor I've
ever seen.  Certainly it's less likely to hurt things than a <80 column
display is.  There is at least one program in NetBSD that requires at
least 80 columns.  Probably more than just that one program, too...

--
Ty Sarna	     		"If at first you don't succeed...
tsarna@endicor.com    		 ...don't try skydiving!!!