Subject: Re: grr rootfs and virgin startup
To: None <billc@iceCuBE.cryogenic.com>
From: None <chammer@HRZ.Uni-Bielefeld.DE>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 07/03/1994 11:46:37
> * The rootfs being distributed now is much smarter.  In fact, it has
> completely outsmarted me (which I realize isn't that great big of a feat).
> Basically, I dcp'ed it on to my root, boot up netbsd, get to the prompt
> asking me to enter the shell, and all is well... except..
> mount -a yields
> "fstab: /etc/fstabInappropriate file type or format"
same problem here; mount -av works but this message appears.
what does this funny size information mean in the fstab for the /tmp mount?
isnt the size determined by the size of the swappartition?
Another problem is that it seems not to be possible to mount_ados in fstab
(when booting to multiuser mode). mount_ados /dev/sd5f /ados works.
It seems not to be correct to write ro in fstab for ados partitions... why?

Then I have perhaps some silly questions. I have added the path entrys for
X11 bins in /etc/bash/Bashrc but is seems to be no longer searched for.
I cant believe that the environment variables have to be initialized
in different ways for different shells.....
I tried to change it in rc (or rc.local, dont have my netbsd-amiga handy..)
but it didnt work.

Where has the ldconfig /usr/lib /usr/X11R5/lib to be called?
What is the reason the latest X11R5 bins came for installing in /usr/X11R5/bin
/usr/X11R5/lib(my previous configuration was bins in /usr/bin/X11 and libs in
/usr/lib/X11)

So sorry for some perhaps silly questions,
ciao
Carsten

--
Carsten Hammer  Schwindstr. 7 33615 Bielefeld
Fakultaet fuer Physik          D4-139