Subject: Re: The revolution
To: David Jones <dej@eecg.toronto.edu>
From: Michael L. Hitch <osymh@gemini.oscs.montana.edu>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 05/19/1994 19:45:14
On May 19,  7:26pm, David Jones wrote:
> A while back, chopps sent a note either here or in comp.unix.amiga to the
> effect that he was reworking all device drivers, so expect major changes.
> This comes at a time when the main NetBSD people are cutting over to
> 4.4-Lite.
>
> At that time, he implied that kernel sources were not compilable, really.
> I now ask: what condition are they in?
>
> I am thinking of re-installing NetBSD from scratch once the 4.4-Lite
> cutover has completed.  That way, I can reduce the size of the AmigaOS
> partition from 100M to 20M and put the savings on the BSD side.
>
> In the meantime, how useful is the "latest SUP" (assuming I take one
> tonight) and do I need to get new binaries (if they exist)?

  I don't know about tonight, but the sources I supped yesterday had
to be fixed up a bit before I got a clean link.  The problem I had
should be fixed in the current sources, but I haven't check yet.

Michael

--
Michael L. Hitch			INTERNET:  osymh@montana.edu
Computer Consultant			BITNET:  OSYMH@MTSUNIX1.BITNET