Subject: Re: problems with: kernels Floppys scsi binaries ...
To: None <amiga-dev@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Michael L. Hitch <osymh@gemini.oscs.montana.edu>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 04/10/1994 12:42:34
On Apr 10,  5:44pm, Arthur Hoffmann wrote:
> Hi,
> I usually compile my own kernels and some binaries. So far
> I had no problems with that, but recently I seem to have a slight
> problem:
> 	ps doesn't work with my newer kernels anymore it reports the
> 	following:
>  ps: proc size mismatch (got 13846 total, kinfo_proc: 560)
>
> compiling a new ps results in nothing... no error, no output??

  I was having the same problem a few days ago, and even a simple
program with just a printf didn't do anything.  I finally figured out
that I had updated the /usr/include tree, but hadn't updated the
libraries yet, so things were out of sync.  As soon as I rebuilt
libc, programs would print again.

  I would say the first thing to check is make sure /usr/include and
the libraries are up to date and in sync.

Michael

--
Michael L. Hitch			INTERNET:  osymh@montana.edu
Computer Consultant			BITNET:  OSYMH@MTSUNIX1.BITNET