Subject: Re: GCC 2.4.5 didn't help me :-(
To: Niklas Hallqvist <niklas@appli.se>
From: Eduardo E. Horvath eeh@btr.com <eeh@btr.btr.com>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 02/23/1994 17:58:40
> My kernel problems with recent sun-lamp code persists when compiling with
> 2.4.5.  I conclude the problems are generic for low-mem systems.  Are thera
> anyone else running -current on 4 MBs?

I'm running on a 4MB system.  I'm also using 2.5.6 (I think).  I find
that I get very strange results.  I managet to get a bootable kernel
ever other compile or so.  Problems ranged from a blank gray screen,
to init dying from a trapsignal, to the latest version where init just
dies.  The only soution I can suggest is don't compile with -O2, and
if a kernel fails, delete all the .o files and try again.  I fand that
after re-compiling the whole thing, the kernel will sometimes work.

BTW, I do run mkdep on a kernel before I start compiling.  I'm getting
the impression that mkdep may just be broken.

Eduardo Horvath				eeh@btr.com
					..!{decwrl,mips,fernwood}!btr!eeh
	"Trust me, I am cognizant of what I am doing." - Hammeroid