Re: amdgpu progress

matthew green <mrg%eterna.com.au@localhost> wrote:
> the pkgsrc amdgpu issue is odd.  the amdgpu xf86 driver should
> be telling mesa to load "radeonsi", and this seems to work with
> xsrc:
>
> xf86-video-amdgpu/dist/src/amdgpu_version.h:39:#define SI_DRIVER_NAME       "radeonsi"
> xf86-video-amdgpu/dist/src/amdgpu_dri2.c:1308:      dri2_info.driverName = SI_DRIVER_NAME;

There seem to be a lot more PCI IDs in:

xsrc/external/mit/MesaLib.old/dist/include/pci_ids/radeonsi_pci_ids.h

than in:

xsrc/external/mit/MesaLib/dist/include/pci_ids/radeonsi_pci_ids.h

I think that the Mesa loader can use this list to decide to use the
radeonsi driver, but if USE_DRICONF is defined it will use the
driver name that it gets back from the kernel before trying the
PCI ID list. Not checked whether pkgsrc MesaLib defines USE_DRICONF.

Setting the MESA_LOADER_DRIVER_OVERRIDE environment variable to
"radeonsi" makes my amdgpu laptop use the hw driver.

Running kmscube, it prints this:

OpenGL ES 2.x information:
  version: "OpenGL ES 3.2 Mesa 21.3.7"
  shading language version: "OpenGL ES GLSL ES 3.20"
  vendor: "AMD"
  renderer: "AMD Radeon Vega 8 Graphics (RAVEN, DRM 3.36.0, 10.99.6, LLVM 13.0.0)"

but locks up the display after that.

I can run kmscube fine on my radeon desktop, so it has built correctly.