Re: x11/picom update

pin <voidpin%protonmail.com@localhost> writes:

>> However, pkgsrc doctrine is that packages should build and work on all
>> supported releases of NetBSD, which is 8 and 9, and then ideally on
>> unreleased branches and current.  SO "works on current and fails
>> everywhere else" doesn't fit that!
>
> This is not what I'm suggesting.
> As wiz@ has pointed out, it works with pkgsrc MesaLib.
>
> What I'm suggesting is to force the package to use that.
> This should be fine on supported releases.

Sorry, I misread because I was really only paying attention to mail
issues.

It is normal within pkgsrc to say

  this package depends on foo

  it needs version >= x.y.z of foo

and to have in foo's .mk files

  on netbsd version V, builtin foo is not good enough
  on netbsd version W, builtin foo is good enough

so that

.include "../../baz/foo/buildlink3.mk"

gets an adequate foo.

This is used by e.g. openssl and many others.

Maybe that's off  and this is more special, or maybe that's enough.