Re: Xorg server startup

I wrote:
>Tobias Nygren <tnn%NetBSD.org@localhost> wrote:
>>On Mon, 23 May 2022 22:59:11 +0100
>>Robert Swindells <rjs%fdy2.co.uk@localhost> wrote:
>>
>>> I am trying to work out how to get it to use the MesaLib.old lima
>>> driver instead of llvmpipe, not really getting anywhere.
>>
>>If the problem is that lima_dri.so doesn't get loaded then
>>that's more a Mesa problem than an Xorg problem.
>>Try with modesetting and force MESA_LOADER_DRIVER_OVERRIDE=lima in
>>the environment while running Xorg as root.
>
>We build Mesa with everything linked together, I have added the lima
>and kmsro sources to it.

I made a symlink from /usr/X11R7/lib/modules/dri/gallium_dri.so to
sunxi_dri.so and Mesa started trying to do Lima stuff and made the
kernel panic. This was what I wanted to be able to start debugging
the kernel code.

To avoid needing local diffs to Mesa it would probably be a good idea
if we used the same names for ARM framebuffer drm drivers as the Linux
ones, will follow up on this to port-arm@.

Robert Swindells