Re: Nonfree fonts in xsrc

>> It's not that unusual for software to mandate
>> no-reverse-engineering, either.  Each is nevertheless inappropriate
>> for a (supposedly-)open-source project.
> While I see your point, I find non-free binary blobs of firmware to
> be 1000x more important an issue than fonts.

I agree.  But this thread was about the fonts.

> I do not think there is much appetite for a total purge of firmware.

I agree.  (I don't like it, but I agree.)  The resulting additional
dilution of the open-source-ness is one more reason I have been
distancing myself from recent NetBSD.  On some of my machines I've even
gone to the trouble of removing everything with closed-source firmware
from my kernel config (or at least trying to; I may have missed some).

But such a stance appears to be...unpopular.

But just because there are bigger issues is not a reason to ignore this
issue, it seems to me.

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign