Re: default ctwm config thoughts

On Wed 23 Sep 2020 at 00:29:58 +0900, Izumi Tsutsui wrote:
> > my config is attached. drop it to $HOME/.ctwmrc,
> > echo 'exec ctwm' > $HOME/.xinitrc, startx
>
> I've tried it on sun3 bwtwo Xsun mono server.
>
> - on monochrome screen, title bar of an active window looks a bit strange
>  https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Eic3rM5U8AAAPTQ?format=png
>  https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Eic3rOQUMAAwwIY?format=png

I think you're referring to what (c)twm calls the "titlebar buttons"?
Perhaps they look better without 3D settings like

UseThreeDBorders
UseThreeDTitles

> - it seems wallpaper on the root window set by xsetroot(1) -bitmap
>   disappears after switching virtual screen
>  https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1308076975685136386/pu/vid/858x720/AeXEA57o6D17kmA2.mp4

That is possibly because the WorkSpaces setting specifies 4 colours for
each workspace. The 4th is the "bg-root" colour.

I use "xv -root ..." to get a (changing) background image, and I have
only 3 colours in my WorkSpaces settings.

You can also specify a background pixmap in the WorkSpaces (see the
manual). I never researched if this is more memory efficient than using
xsetroot, or less, or the same.

-Olaf.
--
Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert -- rhialto at falu dot nl
___  Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on