Re: Not matching our bitmap Helvetica

On Fri, Aug 09, 2019 at 08:19:59PM -0400, Mouse wrote:
 > Which leads directly the major downside I see to client-side font
 > handling: the font you want to use, and the code to understand and use
 > it, has to be present on the every client machine you use, instead of
 > it being enough to install it once on the server

...or conversely, the fonts have to be installed on every display,
instead of just once on the client machine along with the application
that's using them.

That works both ways.

Also, having fonts be attached to displays and not applications always
(for most people) violated the POLA.

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost