Re: Not matching our bitmap Helvetica

coypu%sdf.org@localhost wrote:
>On Thu, Aug 08, 2019 at 06:47:58PM +0000, coypu%sdf.org@localhost wrote:
>> So,
>>
>> - Helvetica is widely used, because most people do not see the low
>>   quality Helvetica we have.
>
>Disregard the above, it's not just Helvetica. I tried to run with this
>rule for a bit (as opposed to "no bitmaps" I used before), and we also
>have a 'Times' font, which does see use.

Probably Courier too.

I think in any case we should remove the whole line for
/etc/fonts/conf.d/70-no-bitmaps.conf in distrib/sets/lists/xetc/mi
that is currently flagging it as obsolete.

There is also code in postinstall that checks for an exact match against
a list of font files when looking at /etc/fonts/conf.d, maybe need to
change this.