re: Missing file for the Kaveri (solved)

maya%netbsd.org@localhost writes:
> On Mon, Apr 08, 2019 at 04:41:43PM +0200, Robert Swindells wrote:

> > > This makes me wonder what vintage our files are, and if we should be
> > > syncing the current set of files from Linux.   I am unclear on our
> > > process for that, and on firmware file licensing.
> >
> > The firmware files in our tree came from the Linux firmware repository,
> > which
> > is separate from the Linux source tree. I can do an update in a week or two
> > unless someone else does it first.
> >
> > The licence for the radeon ones is fine.
>
> Please do!

yes - we certainly need to add at least a few of the common
cards.  i looked at this a few months ago and didn't get
anywhere since i recall there being several times growth in
the total size.  i did make radeon firmware only installed
on some platforms, so it's probably good to go now.

.mrg.