Re: osabi in -current in some difficulty?

I can't say much about the compiler version, I think I've seen some
relatively recent changes. I have two pkgsrc build hosts - one with
X11_TYPE modular, using the earlier version, the other - without
X11_TYPE, using the later - failing for you - version, so I can't
really test it ( or so I *think*, it being an operative word ),
without messing the one using built-in Xorg (the test systems use
pkgin for installation).

The interesting (and for tech-x11 as well) thing might be that I
tested my HP Envy 17 laptop with modular Xorg (using an 8GB USB stick
with live-image from yesterday, removing /usr/X11R7 and pkgin
installation of modular Xorg, surprisingly faster working than one
might expect) and compared the Xorg log files. While similar, there
were differences important enough to make me switch to modular Xorg
permanently. My NVidia 950M was apparently not yet supported by the
DRI2 infrstructure, but the built-in Xorg still recognizes it, loads
the nouveau module, eventually failing and unloading it, to let the
Intel driver carry on - which it does, and works, with the expection
of AIGLX failing. The modular Xorg log file does not show any
reference to the NVidia card (I took it off the xorg.conf file), AIGLX
succeeds. The server versions of both the built-in and modular Xorg
are the same.

Right now I am building xfce4 with modular Xorg, after that I will
switch to modular ( should be as easy as hiding the old /usr/pkg,
/var/dg/pkg, /usr/X11R7, making two copies of /etc/rc.conf to account
for the different installed packages, installing and running pkgin
from the new modular Xorg build host; this will give me the
opportunity to swap easily between the two Xorg options with the
corresponding set of dependent packages).

--
----