Re: freetype

On 05/10 18:25, Robert Swindells wrote:

> maya%netbsd.org@localhost wrote:
> >6.16.0 the shlib version in pkgsrc
> >
> >mrg states he doesn't think it is a major bump, but not sure how to
> >relate minor/patch versions to anything.
>
> >How did you get 18.1.16?
>
> I hadn't looked carefully enough at the change history, I looked at the
> old number and VERSION.TXT and presumed that it was for 2.7.1 and that
> it was following a pattern instead of just incrementing.
>
> How about 18.0.14 ?

18.16.1 makes the most sense, I think.  A few days ago I added a note to
freetype's shlib_version about all of this.  It's a mess, but the
cleanest way forward, as I see it, is to follow VERSIONS.txt for
minor/teeny and leave major at 18.

The last version of freetype we had in xsrc was 2.6.3, which had an
upstream shlib version of 6.12.3.  They bumped the minor version four
times since then.  2.9.1, which we now have in xsrc, is 6.16.1.  Thus,
18.16.1.

Soren