re: Build and install just /usr/xsrc

> I have NetBSD/Alpha 7.0.2-RELEASE installed on a Digital PWS600au, which
> comes with a version of XFree86. This doesn't run on a PWS so I would like
> to build and install Xorg from /usr/xsrc. Building an entire system from
> /usr/src takes a lot of time (and the last time I tried it failed after 3
> days of compiling), so now I'd like to try building and installing just
> the /usr/xsrc part.
>
> Is this possible and, if yes, how?

it's a lot easier to simply set XORGFLAVOUR=Xorg and run a full build.sh
run on some box (it could be a fast x86.):

   % ./build.sh -V XORGFLAVOUR=Xorg -x -m alpha -jN distribution sets

and the install the generated x*.tgz.

(if you really insist on trying to build _just_ xsrc, let me know.  it's
possible but you'll have to run much of it as root, and you won't get any
sets for later use.)

.mrg.