Re: Crashes in X11R7/lib/modules/dri/r600_dri.so (7.0.1)

On Thu 03 Nov 2016 at 17:03:59 -0400, Mouse wrote:
> I don't know how possible this is, or whether it would help, but maybe
> just use the pkgsrc server, but not other things?

I have been thinking about that a bit (or the reverse, only client-side
X libs). But I think I'll have to rebuild my packages with
X11_TYPE=modular and officially, I'd have to rebuild everything.
Probably that isn't strictly required, but I'm not sure how much of a
shortcut I can take.

Or, alternatively, a new pkg_comp chroot with X11_TYPE=modular and only
build the X server in it.

Oh I think I tried the dri directory from graphics/MesaLib7, but when
trying to run glxgears, it complained about some alignment to 64 or
somesuch.

> /~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert  -- Wayland: Those who don't understand X
\X/ rhialto/at/xs4all.nl    -- are condemned to reinvent it. Poorly.