Re: xdm prevents me from shutting the system down clean

I used to get this, too.  But the problem seems to have disappeared,
at least on recent (last 30 days or so) -current kernels (within the
last 30 days or so).

I don't know of any specific commit that would have fixed this, but
if someone can narrow it down it would be nice to get it pulled up
to netbsd-7 branch before we ship 7.1  :)