Re: xfree86 build error

On Sun, 25 Oct 2015 17:05:24 +0100
Adrien Fernandes <adrien_fernandes2%hotmail.com@localhost> wrote:

> Hello,
> I am building meta-pkgs/modular-xorg from current (2015/10/24) and, when it builds x11/modular-xorg-server, it stops on this error :
>
> Making all in .
> gmake[4]: Entering directory '/root/HDD/pkgsrc/x11/modular-xorg-server/work/xorg-server-1.17.2/hw/xfree86'
>   CCLD     Xorg
> sdksyms.o:(.data+0x1a88): undefined reference to `xf86EnableIO'
[...]
> NetBSD 7.99.21 evbarm-earmv7hf
> built from sources without X

Hi!

It looks like the pkgsrc version of xorg-server still lacks proper ARM
support. It would be nice to add this and upstream whatever patches we
have. Most of the missing bits should be in xsrc already. Unfortunately
people who work on xsrc don't seem interested in maintaining support in
pkgsrc (or the other way around).
If someone wants to fix this, beside the X server itself, VC4 support
needs to be enabled in MesaLib. I would do it but I will have no time
for the next 2-3 weeks.

For now, you might want to stick with native X11.

-Tobias