Re: Intel HD 5500 GPU hang

   Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2015 12:52:55 +0200
   From: Tobias Nygren <tnn%nygren.pp.se@localhost>

   Not having much luck getting acceleration to work with my Thinkpad
   x250 which has Broadwell HD 5500 integrated graphics.

We don't support Broadwell yet, only Haswell so far.  Broadwell will
come in the next DRM update from upstream.

                                                         Immediately after
   startx I get:

   drm: GPU HANG: ecode 0:0x0fdffdff, reason: Ring hung, action: reset
   [...]
   drm: GPU crash dump saved to /sys/class/drm/card0/error

   I tried to create the directory but it did not save anything. Anyone
   know how to debug such problems?

That is an artefact of Linux -- debugging information is provided
through sysfs, which we don't have.