Re: Radeondrm on R7 250 w 3840x2160

Hi,

> So now things work more or less as expected, except that I have
> to boot several times to get to see something on the screen.

I finally found some round tuits to look into this.

The problem is that the kernel panics after starting to initialize
the radeon drmkms machinery, but before it finishes.

The radeon configuration attach code is delayed until after root is
mounted in order to be able to load the firmware.  Right after it
starts, some other thread tries to open the console, however,
radeondrmkms didn't yet initialize the that, and so it panics
with "cnopen: no console device".  As a result, the initialization
of radeondrmkms is also aborted, and thus I don't see anything.

Ciao,
Wolfgang
--
Wolfgang%Solfrank.net@localhost				Wolfgang Solfrank