Re: xconsole/getty 7_BETA

Martin Husemann <martin%duskware.de@localhost> writes:

> On Tue, Feb 24, 2015 at 10:25:42AM +0100, Martin Husemann wrote:
>> And, luckily, I can reproduce it with a fresh install of -7.
>> I am investigating.
>
> And it imeadiately goes away when I change /etc/ttys as suggested
> before (turrn off console, turn on ttyE0).
>
> So the easy fix is to change the generated /etc/ttys in sysinst when xdm
> is turned on.

I have long been not 100% clear on what best practice is for choosing
among /dev/console, /devconstty, and /dev/ttyE[0-3].

Given that console is a virtual device that gets mapped to a real one,
maybe it makes sense to never have console in ttys by default.   But, it
may be that this is useful for people installing on serial console
machines.  Perhaps though that could be set up by sysint or people can
do it in single user mode.