Re: Beyond twm

On Tue, Feb 17, 2015 at 07:50:00AM +0000, David Holland wrote:
> hacking. If someone takes up the project I'll commit to putting
> together a nice-looking default theme, which it also doesn't currently
> have.

While we are here (and a bit related even): we seriously need something
slightly enhanced for xdm - I tried to "fix" the clunky font defaults
and give it a proper logo, but font, size, and overall appearance are
still disgusting (especially when dealing with vastly different screen
sizes and resolutions).

We seriously should investigate alternatives that can use modern fonts
and are license compatible. And import whatever it needs as libraries ;-)
Or enhance xdm and feed back the changes upstream.

Martin