Re: intel drmkms

   Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2014 16:20:25 +0100 (BST)
   From: Robert Swindells <rjs%fdy2.co.uk@localhost>

   The gmbus code does work when talking to the vga connector though.

   I was wondering if it would work fully if the display probe was delayed
   until interrupts are enabled.

Unlikely -- when cold, the gmbus code uses polling rather than
interrupts.

   It looks to me as if the driver needs to call the acpi _DDC method to
   get the EDID if it can't map the ROM.

Could be.  All of the ACPI code from upstream is currently detached.
I will try to find a moment to take a look.  Can you file a PR and
assign it to me?