Re: Move Beyond TWM project proposal

321eniluap <321eniluap%gmail.com@localhost> writes:

> I have been struggling with an attempt at changing the default Window
> Manager in the cross-build setup.  The Window Manager I am trying to add
> both have configure scripts, which seem to be the problem, but I could be
> wrong.  I have also tried pre-running the configure script to no avail.  I
> have tried both Golem and Fluxbox.

Presumably your goal really is to integrate this into the base system
rather than using pkgsrc.   It is definitely harder.

You will have to make sure that the new code depends only on things in
the base system.

The NetBSD cross system really doesn't use configure.  Instead, there's
a BSD-style makefile to build the code from the sources.   There are
lots of examples, including of course twm.

I'm not sure what you're asking, or if you're just giving a progress
report.  Without publishing the code, it's hard for anyone to offer
suggestions.