Re: DRM with KMS/GEM

David Laight <david%l8s.co.uk@localhost> writes:

> On Wed, Feb 06, 2013 at 02:46:58AM +0000, Taylor R Campbell wrote:
>
>> I am currently doing my work in a private Git mirror
>> of NetBSD's CVS repository, which I intend to publish soon.
>
> When you do import it, it is probably best to import the sources you
> started on, then add several separate commits (with messages) for
> the changes - that way it is possible to see what why changes have
> been made and why.
> (Even if using a vendor branch import is inappropriate)

A perhaps-similar comment: it's of course fine for you to work in git,
but the way this hits the NetBSD CVS should be more or less similar to
how it would have been if you didn't.   (Except probably you will rebase
out a lot of fixes to your changes, etc, which I think is 100% ok and
even preferred.)  Probably that's that you are thinking.

It may be that the import of 3rd-party sources is best done straight
into CVS, once you have a plan (vs the actual changes in a git repo
derived from CVS with the imports).  I am not familiar with git-cvs
translation tools, but I would expect them to be weakest for things like
importing.