re: 6.0_RC1 Xorg failure w/ Radeon X3000 card

yeah, a PR seems best.

Will do

is this i386 or amd64?  i386 with some older cards is known
to fail on some systems, but it seemed repeatable and nothing
has really changed in this code AFAIK.

i386, but the card is not very old and works almost perfectly with
6.0_BETA2.

you could try turning off DRM.  it is probably at fault here.
you can do that in xorg.conf or just don't load the driver.

Well I also guess DRM is faulty, but I do enjoy shiny-translucent
terminal emulators :)

Emile "iMil" Heitor .°. <imil@{home.imil.net,NetBSD.org,gcu.info}>
                                                                _