evdev planned?

I've forwarded our (nonaka's) changes to xkeyboard-config upstream.
They are asking:

----- Forwarded message from -----

--- Comment #2 from Sergey V. Udaltsov <> 2012-08-25
22:40:15 UTC ---
Thanks for the materials. If you don't mind, could you please provide a bit of
Do you know if NetBSD is planning to introduce evdev driver? I am asking
because in Linux there is no need in vndr-specific sections, it is all covered
on the lower levels. I am trying to estimate how important is the code you are

----- End forwarded message -----

I think that we have no plans for evdev. Is that correct?