Re: xf86-video-intel upgrade?

In Message <>,
   "Jonathan A. Kollasch" <>wrote:

=>On Sat, Aug 06, 2011 at 06:40:22AM -0400, Gary Duzan wrote:
=>>    Has anyone looked into upgrading xf96-video-intel and the Intel
=>> libdrm to the latest versions from Intel? It appears they are needed
=>> to support the video on my new Thinkpad T520. If it just needs
=>> someone to work on it, I can do that.
=>They removed support for non-KMS non-DRI1 kernels soon after the version
=>we currently have.  In short, we can't upgrade until the kernel support
=>(at least GEM/DRI2) is there.
=>There's been some work already:

   I was afraid of that, but not surprised. I'll take a look. If
I can help, let me know.

                                        Gary Duzan