Re: Mouse Not working on NetBSD 5.0.x(1,2)

On Mon, 23 Aug 2010 18:31:09 +0530
Sujit K M <sjt.kar%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> X11 is not working on NetBSD AMD Core 2 Duo Processor. This is what I
> have done till now,
> 1. Burned an Boot CD.
> 2. Installed NetBSD on my Machine(It dual boots with Fedora12 and FreeBSD).
> 3. Put wscons=Yes(Infact tried it with /etc/wscons.conf) and
> wsmoused=YES(in rc.conf both)
> 4. Run X -configure.
> 5. Run X -config xorg.conf.new.
>

> I found the following things wrong in the xorg.conf.new
> The driver is named as mouse(seems to be wsmouse in documentation) and
> the file is /dev/mouse
> (seems to be /dev/wsmouse in documentation).

Indeed the configure step should normally produce a proper
configuration file; when it's not the case however you should be able
to modify it manually...

Here is an InputDevice section which should work on NetBSD:

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Mouse0"
        Driver      "mouse"
        Option      "Protocol" "wsmouse"
        Option      "Device" "/dev/wsmouse"
        Option      "ZAxisMapping" "4 5 6 7"
EndSection

with your ServerLayout section containing the line:

        InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"

As for the driver which was automatically selected, it also could be
wrong or buggy if you are having further problems than only with the
mouse.  Your VGA adaptor appears to be from Intel, I assume that the
accelerated driver for it would be i810.
--
Matt