Re: firefox slowness -- X server problem?

On Tue, 17 Aug 2010 10:51:22 +0200, Thomas Klausner <wiz%NetBSD.org@localhost>
wrote:
> tnn@ is not seeing this; I think he's using X from pkgsrc while I'm
> using X from base. I have an ATI Radeon X300, using the radeon driver.
> I've also tried wip/firefox (firefox 4 snapshot) but it's similar
> there.
>
> Also, ALT-Tab between two open xterms takes noticable time (up to two
> seconds). That's the reason I suspect it might be a X server problem.
>
> Has anyone else noticed similar problems?

I do, although I thought the issue was GPU specific (radeon HD 5870,
Evergreen ASIC).

Radeon driver and VESA have the exact same behavior in X: _very_ laggy,
and performance consuming. Moving or switching between xterms takes seconds
too. I can't even play youtube's videos.

--
Jean-Yves Migeon
jeanyves.migeon%free.fr@localhost