Re: deadlocks while switching VTs

On 02/26/10 00:11, Hubert Feyrer wrote:

Am 25.02.2010 um Do, 25. 02 2010, 22:49 schrieb Zafer Aydogan:
I'm experiencing some weird deadlocks while switching VTs
from or to X. It does not happen while switching between wscons
terminals.
When the system deadlocks, all cpu's are used 100% and nothing works
anymore.
I'm using modular-xorg from pkgsrc on 5.0.2. This happens on i386 and
amd64.

Any ideas how to workaround this ?

No workaround, but I think the generic way to debug this is:
try to boot with a serial console, and if things hang break into DDB,
then see what the backtrace is.
And post it here.

Add ps/l output (from within ddb too), to get info about the wait channels.

Cheers,

--
Jean-Yves Migeon
jeanyves.migeon%free.fr@localhost