Re: Multiseat

On Sun, 6 Dec 2009 18:58:23 +0100
Helge Muehlmeier <H_Muehlmeier%gmx.de@localhost> wrote:

> My problems now are keyboard and mice... If I have started a seat I can turn
> the mouse and open a xterm. But if I try to insert some code with a keyboard
> I get waste and it seems, that the input don't stop. I can't exit from X...
> Only if I remotly login and kill all processes or reboot.

I first checked if you used the multiplexed devices (/dev/wsmouse
or /dev/wskbd) but don't seem to be (otherwise it would be subject to
automatic multiplexing, i.e. see wsmuxctl(1)).

It might be worth checking if the devices also have the proper
major/minor numbers:

crw-------  1 root  wheel  65, 0 Jan 21  2009 /dev/wsmouse
crw-------  1 root  wheel  49, 0 Jan 21  2009 /dev/wsmouse0
crw-------  1 root  wheel  49, 1 Jan 21  2009 /dev/wsmouse1
[...]

crw-------  1 root  wheel  65, 1 Jan 21  2009 /dev/wskbd
crw-------  1 root  wheel  48, 0 Jan 21  2009 /dev/wskbd0
crw-------  1 root  wheel  48, 1 Jan 21  2009 /dev/wskbd1
[...]

Also I noticed that your configuration uses wskbd1 and wskbd2; do you
have three keyboards?  Here my only keyboard is wskbd0...

Thanks,
--
Matt