Re: Problems after xorg patch to 5.0_STABLE

On Wed 23 Sep 2009 at 09:07:39 +0200, Geert Hendrickx wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 21, 2009 at 07:36:50PM +0200, Jukka Salmi wrote:
> > I just updated a netbsd-5 i386 system (ThinkPad X40) and I'm seeing the
> > problems you describe for the intel driver: black screen as soon as I
> > run startx(1), can't switch to another VT afterwards.  Logging in via
> > ssh and sending X a SIGKILL just leaves the display garbled.
>

> Put the following in the "ServerFlags" section of your xorg.conf file:
>
>       Option  "DontZap"       "false"
>

> The default has changed in the last X.org release... (a horrible decision,
> IMHO)

How about the fact that Keypad-Plus/Minus don't work anymore since xorg
in 5.0? Is that fixed too (or is it somehow just a local problem for
me?)

I even have an explcit

    Option "DontZoom"   "false"

even though this should be the default, according to xorg(5).

>       Geert
-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert    -- You author it, and I'll reader it.
\X/ rhialto/at/xs4all.nl      -- Cetero censeo "authored" delendum esse.